• All the answers to questions on our FAQ page also apply to these terms and conditions.
• A guide will meet each guest at the assigned meeting point, equipped with maps of the city.
• Transportation to the tour meeting point and entrance fees to the sites are not always included in the tour price and must be paid in cash to the guide. Please read
each tour description and confirmation carefully to understand the transportation, meeting points and entry fees involved.
• Please arrive early, departure times are exact. City traffic can be unpredictable so please allow plenty of time to reach the meeting point.
• Average group sizes vary depending on the season, we always have extra staff during peak season to guarantee small groups sizes.
• Small group tours are open to a maximum number of adults per group. The exact size of the group tour is provided on the tour description page.
• Privately guided tours are for individual parties only. By booking a privately guided tour guests are guaranteed a guide for their party alone, we guarantee no ‘tour
pooling’ with other parties.
cancellations and refunds
• If an itinerary is canceled for any reason by either party, Icon Tours (Seller) cannot be held liable for losses related to transportation, accommodation, food, or travel
expenses sustained by guests (Buyer), their agents, representatives, or associates.
• Cancellations and complete refunds of any tour can be made free of charge if they occur more than 24-hours prior to scheduled tour time.
• Cancellations made less than 24-hours before the tour time are subject to a charge of equal to the deposit amount submitted to reserve the tour.
• No-shows or cancellations made within 24-hours of the scheduled tour time are non-refundable.
• We also know that traveling can be an unpredictable adventure so we will NOT hold guests responsible for last minute cancellations due to transport delays,
strikes, extreme weather conditions, or events beyond their control. In these circumstances, we ask for the courtesy of an immediate phone call, or voice mail to
advise us of changes.
• Because our scholar-guides often have morning, or afternoon appointments, it is often difficult for them to extend their time on a 3-hour tour private tour when
guests are delayed. In these situations we are not able to offer refunds for unused tour time, and we highly suggest reserving private tours for the day after arriving.
Full-day private tours, (exceeding 5-hours) are more flexible and we can assign guides without an appointment in the afternoon.
delays and cancellations
• For last minute cancellations, changes in schedule, or if guests have lost the meeting point directions, please contact us by TELEPHONE at the earliest convenience
using the special phone number provided on the confirmation voucher which reads “Lost or delayed right before your tour starts”. During peak season we receive
many phone calls and e-mails daily, urgent communications might be missed given the bulk of incoming e-mails. Please call and leave a voice mail message if we
do not answer. We may not be able to reply right away and reaching the pre-arranged tour meeting point on time is the responsibility of each guest. We do not
issue refunds for “No-shows” for any reason whatsoever.
guest contact phone numbers
• Guests must provide Icon Tours with an effective way of being contacted during their travels (mobile phone or hotel contact number). Guests who travel
without a mobile phone, or a local contact number are required to CALL US on the day before their tour to confirm that everything is on schedule.
• Occasionally, unplanned changes to a tour schedule must be made (for example in the event of a strike, a protest, or other factors which cause the sites
to be closed or unaccessible). In this case it will be our concern and responsibility to advise guests of the change as soon as possible and make new arrangements.
• If guests do not provide us with a means to contact them within a short time before the tour, Icon Tours cannot be held responsible for not advising
guests of last minute changes.
• Please make sure shoulders and knees are covered when visiting churches and holy sights. Dress codes can be strictly enforced by security at some locations.
Icon Tours cannot be held responsible for guests who are denied access to locations due to improper dress.
tour payment and entry fees
• Deposit payments for tours are accepted with Master Card, Visa Card, or via PayPal.
• Guests pay a deposit in advance with a credit card or PayPal to secure their reservation, and the balance due is paid in cash, using the local currency, to the guide
at the tour meeting time.
• Guests must bring the correct amount of cash due for the tour in the local currency, as guides are unable to accept credit cards on-site, and they are often not able
to make change for large bills.
entry ticket fees
• Payment for entry ticket fees are accepted at tour time in cash in the local currency only. Some sights may require entrance fees for children. Please read each tour
description page carefully, or contact us about specific sites and entrance fees if this is a concern. Please read our FAQ for detailed information on entrance fees
• Pre-purchased ticket entry fees are non-refundable. We will do our best to resell unused tickets to another reservation if possible, and issue a refund at that time.
• Refunds requested at the END of a tour will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
• Guests who purchase their own tickets must notify us 72 hours before the tour. We often pre-purchase tickets and guests are responsible for this expense.
• By making a tour payment the Buyer agrees to refrain from posting disparaging, or negative comments, or ratings about the Seller, or the names of their service
representatives, guides, or other names the Seller operates under in print, or with electronic media. This includes online forums and travel related websites. A
partial refund, or full-refund by the Seller does not render the terms of the Cancellation and Refund policy invalid, and the Buyer may be held responsible for
damages evaluated by the Seller for violating the terms and conditions of this Service Agreement.
• Use and distribution of personal information: When booking a tour or service, we will request specific guest details, such as name, e-mail address and other
personal information. We require this information to ensure that we may contact guests should there be any unexpected change in schedule.
• The personal contact information of our guests will be used only and exclusively in relation to the service or tour they have reserved. Icon Tours will NOT distribute
any of our guests information to third parties.
• With the exception of any processing for historical or statistical purposes, our guests personal data will not be retained in its nominal form for any longer than the
period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was requested.
responsibility disclaimer statement for all tour related services:
Icon Tours acts only as an agent for the various independent suppliers that provide accommodations, transportation, sightseeing, guiding, activities, or other services connected with our tours. Such services are subject to the terms and conditions of those suppliers. Icon Tours and their respective employees, agents, representatives, and assigns accept no liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or any other incident which may be caused by the negligence, defect, default of any company or person in performing these services. Responsibility is not accepted for losses, injury, damages or expenses of any kind due to sickness, weather, strikes, hostilities, wars, terrorist acts, acts of nature, local laws or other such causes. All services and accommodations are subject to the laws and regulations of the country in which they are provided. Icon Tours is not responsible for any baggage or personal effects of any individual participating in the tours, or trips arranged by Icon Tours. Individual travelers are responsible for purchasing a travel insurance policy, if desired, that will cover some of the expenses associated with the loss of luggage, personal effects, or delayed flights and missed reservations. Icon Tours possesses Crisis Management and Insurance Liability Plans. In addition, they request their independent suppliers to posses Crisis Management and Insurance Liability Plans. By making a reservation with Icon Tours, each customer accepts the terms & conditions of our group and private tour services, and this Responsibility Disclaimer Statement For All Tour Related Services.