• All the answers to questions on our FAQ page also apply to these terms and conditions.
• A guide will meet each guest at the assigned meeting point, equipped with maps of the city.
• Transportation to the tour meeting point and entrance fees to the sites are not always included in the tour price and must be paid in cash to the guide. Please read
each tour description and confirmation carefully to understand the transportation, meeting points and entry fees involved.
• Please arrive early, departure times are exact. City traffic can be unpredictable so please allow plenty of time to reach the meeting point.
• Average group sizes vary depending on the season, we always have extra staff during peak season to guarantee small groups sizes.
• Small group tours are open to a maximum number of adults per group. The exact size of the group tour is provided on the tour description page.
• Privately guided tours are for individual parties only. By booking a privately guided tour guests are guaranteed a guide for their party alone, we guarantee no ‘tour
pooling’ with other parties.
cancellation and refund policy
• If an itinerary is canceled for any reason by either party, Lisbon Explorer Private Tours (Seller) and the Guest (Buyer) cannot be held liable for losses related to
transportation, accommodation, payment processing, food, or travel expenses sustained by guests, their agents, representatives, or associates.
• Cancellations and complete refunds of any tour can be made free of charge if they occur more than 24-hours prior to scheduled tour time.
• We do not charge a refund fee, but banks and payment processors may have a small fee for processing refunds.
• Any third party fees applied to the Buyers payment by banks, credt card companies, or our credit card processor are not refundable. These fees include, but are not
limited to processing fees, foreign exchange rate fees, e-check fees, charge back fees, and refund processing fees.
• Cancellations made less than 24-hours before the tour time are subject to a charge that is equal to the deposit amount submitted to secure the reservation.
• No-shows or cancellations made less than 24-hours before the scheduled tour time are non-refundable.
• We also know that traveling can be an unpredictable adventure so we will NOT hold Buyers responsible for last minute cancellations due to transport delays, strikes,
extreme weather, or events beyond their control. In these circumstances, we ask for the courtesy of an immediate phone call, or voice mail to advise us of changes.
delays and cancellations
• For last minute cancellations, changes in schedule, or if guests have lost the meeting point directions, please contact us by PHONE at the earliest convenience
using the special hotline number provided on the confirmation voucher which reads. During peak season we receive many phone calls and e-mails daily, urgent
communications might be missed given the bulk of incoming e-mails. Please call and leave a voice mail message if we do not answer. We may not be able to reply
right away and reaching the pre-arranged tour meeting point on time is the responsibility of each guest. We do not issue refunds for “No-shows” for any reason whatsoever.
guest contact phone numbers
• Guests must provide Icon Tours with an effective way of being contacted during their travels (mobile phone or hotel contact number). Guests who travel
without a mobile phone, or a local contact number are required to CALL US on the day before their tour to confirm that everything is on schedule.
• Occasionally, unplanned changes to a tour schedule must be made (for example in the event of a strike, a protest, or other factors which cause the sites
to be closed or unaccessible). In this case it will be our concern and responsibility to advise guests of the change as soon as possible and make new arrangements.
• If guests do not provide us with a means to contact them within a short time before the tour, Icon Tours cannot be held responsible for not advising
guests of last minute changes.
• Please make sure shoulders and knees are covered when visiting churches and holy sights. Dress codes can be strictly enforced by security at some locations.
Icon Tours cannot be held responsible for guests who are denied access to locations due to improper dress.
tour payment and entry fees
• Deposit payments for tours are accepted with Master Card, Visa Card, or via PayPal.
• Guests pay a deposit in advance with a credit card or PayPal to secure their reservation, and the balance due is paid in cash, using the local currency, to the guide
at the tour meeting time.
• Guests must bring the correct amount of cash due for the tour in the local currency, as guides are unable to accept credit cards on-site, and they are often not able
to make change for large bills.
entry ticket fees
• Payment for entry ticket fees are accepted at tour time in cash in the local currency only. Some sights may require entrance fees for children. Please read each tour
description page carefully, or contact us about specific sites and entrance fees if this is a concern. Please read our FAQ for detailed information on entrance fees
• Pre-purchased ticket entry fees are non-refundable. We will do our best to resell unused tickets to another reservation if possible, and issue a refund at that time.
• Refunds requested at the END of a tour will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
• Guests who purchase their own tickets must notify us 72 hours before the tour. We often pre-purchase tickets and guests are responsible for this expense.
• By making a tour payment the Buyer agrees to refrain from posting disparaging, or negative comments, or ratings about the Seller, or the names of their service
representatives, guides, or other names the Seller operates under in print, or with electronic media. This includes online forums and travel related websites. A
partial refund, or full-refund by the Seller does not render the terms of the Cancellation and Refund policy invalid, and the Buyer may be held responsible for
damages evaluated by the Seller for violating the terms and conditions of this Service Agreement.
• Use and distribution of personal information: When booking a tour or service, we will request specific guest details, such as name, e-mail address and other
personal information. We require this information to ensure that we may contact guests should there be any unexpected change in schedule.
• The personal contact information of our guests will be used only and exclusively in relation to the service or tour they have reserved. Icon Tours will NOT distribute
any of our guests information to third parties.
• With the exception of any processing for historical or statistical purposes, our guests personal data will not be retained in its nominal form for any longer than the
period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was requested.
responsibility disclaimer statement for all tour related services:
Amira Network, DBA Icon Tours, and its subsidiaries, or any of its other legally registered names, acts only as a referral agent for the Independent Suppliers in Europe and the United States who provide services that are arranged by the Seller. These aforementioned services include, but are not limited to transportation, sightseeing, tour guiding, event activities, and travel planning. The fees charged by the Seller, are only referral fees for the aforementioned Independent Suppliers. The Independent Suppliers and the Buyer both agree that Buyer’s payment of the Sellers invoice for a referral fee will render effective immediately, the terms and conditions of the Seller, and the Confirmation Vouchers they issue, to supersede any and all terms and conditions, or Confirmation Vouchers issued by the Independent Suppliers.
The Seller, their respective employees, agents, representatives, and assigns accept no liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or any other incident which may be caused by the negligence, defect, default of any Independent Supplier, company or person in performing these services rendered for any referral fee charged by the Seller. Responsibility is not accepted by Amira Network, LLC, or their respective employees, agents, representatives, and assigns for losses, injury, damages or expenses of any kind due to sickness, weather, strikes, hostilities, wars, terrorist acts, natural disasters, local laws, or other such causes. The Seller, is not responsible for any baggage, personal effects, or bodily harm of any individual participating in the tours, or trips arranged by the Seller. The Buyer is responsible for purchasing a travel insurance policy, if desired, that will cover some of the expenses associated with the loss of luggage, personal effects, or delayed flights, bodily harm and missed reservations. All services, information and accommodations arranged by the Seller for a referral fee, are subject to the laws and regulations of the country in which they are provided.
The Seller, possesses Crisis Management and Insurance Liability Plans. In addition, they request their independent suppliers to posses Crisis Management and Insurance Liability Plans. By making a reservation with the Independent Suppliers arranged by the Seller, each Buyer accepts the conditions of the Sellers Service Agreement, Terms & Conditions, and this Responsibility Disclaimer Statement.